The house is all decorated inside and out, however, I am really missing our annual soup and pumpkin bread bowl party in Park City. Great Harvest has amazing bread bowls that are colored orange with a green stem to look like a pumpkin, I highly recommend picking some up if your lucky enough to live close to a store. We were going to host a party here but Tyler's schedule has been rediculous and we are both pretty burned out. Plus, there are tons of get togethers going on so we're sitting it out this year.
The girls are doing great! The temperature has finally cooled down a bit so we are able to spend a little more time outside. I've been jogging a little but need to step in up, I'm thinking about running a 1/2 marathon in December. We'll see if these rusty joints will hold up.
Addie started attending a pre-school this month. I was really aprehensive about starting her at school because she does not like to be "dropped off". We still have to stay with her in nursery at church, mostly because we know she has some amazing indurance when she wants to through a fit and we don't really want the nursery leaders to have to deal with that. Anyway, I was completely amazed the first day I dropped her off. She was anxious and crying a bit when I took her into her class and said good bye, but it wasn't two minutes and she had calmed right down. She just jumped right in and got involved before I even left the building! When we picked her up she was excited and happy about being at school, she was so cute! We went and bought her a backpack and lunch box that she loves to carry all by herself. Day two, she didn't cry at all, infact, she almost didn't even say goodbye to me. She only goes two days a week for 5 hours each day so it's not a ton but enough to get her used to being away from Mom and Dad and learning how to be social as well as learning. Then for some reason the last week school was not fun anymore. I had to leave her crying and two hours later they called me to let me know she had been crying the whole time, so I went and picked her up early. She just look so sad until she saw me and she perked right up and was happy the rest of the day. She had had a fever the previous two nights so I was worried she was coming down with something but I'm thinking she's going through a growth sprut.
Addie is very articulate for her age, she really is a lot of fun to talk to. Here are a few of her current phrases:
"Oh come on" if we tell her she can't have something
"It's okay" is her response if you ask her how her dinner is
She'll tell us how her eyes have turned green since we've moved to Temple, Texas (they used to be blue like mine)
Katelin is really a sweet heart! She is so smiley and happy and just loves attention. It's not hard to give it to her either because she just has the biggest smile and bright blue eyes. She giggles all the time too! She's very tickelish on her cheeks, neck, ribs, feet, well pretty much everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment